Two new exhibitions at DiMoDa – The Digital Museum of Digital Art
The Digital Museum of Digital Art (DiMoDA) presents its third full exhibition, New Talismans, curated by DiMoDA and Mind//Body, co-curated with Nhung Walsh for Siggraph Asia 2017.
OPENING – DIMODA 3.0: TALISMANS (74L15M4N5) + MIND BODY DUALISM (MND//BDY)
For it’s NYC Premier, DiMoDA will be physically installed at 3LD Art And Tech center in Manhattan with an opening reception May 24th from 3-9pm and open to the public through June 7th, 2018. During this time DiMoDA will host talks, workshops and a closing concert with details TBA.
New Talismans explores the experience and embodiment of computer witchcraft in the post-internet age. Each artist uses digital technologies as magick tools to create their immersive environments. Ancient genies are awakened with 3D scans, magick circles in abandoned casinos are opened, an orchestral and surreal landscape opens into infinity , and disembodied voices recite poetry deep in an ancient forest.
Mind//Body examines existence from the basis of the simultaneity of the physical being and the digital being, adding nuance to the Cartesian idea of mind and body separation, therefore proposing a third separation: The Virtual Body.
Immersive Experience designed by:
- Morehshin Allahyari (NY/Tehran) | Immersive Environment
- Paul Hertz Feat. Mark Klink and Stephen Dembski(Chicago) | Immersive Environment
- Rindon Johnson (NY) | Immersive Environment
- Shane Mecklenberger (NY) | Immersive Environment
DiMoDA – SIGGRAPH ASIA 2017
- Vicki Dang (Vietnam) | Immersive Environment
- Debbie Ding (Singapore/London) | Building Architecture
- Korakrit Arunanondchai [Pending Release] (NY/Bangkok) | Immersive Environment
Audio Design by:
- Ariadne (NY)